Friday, January 1, 2016

Caldas de Reis

Camino Gazetteer
.
.....Camino 7-2011:December 11, 2011







.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2011


This morning when I had breakfast the barmaid, fascinated by my stories and age, asked to take a picture of me and add some bio info for her bar's web page. Next came a long cold slog through much foggy forest to finally reach Caldas das Reis, a Roman thermal town. Much was closed for siesta; I was pooped and could neither find the tourist office nor the albergue. Asking at the local police station pointed me in the right direction for the albergue which was next to the thermal fountain. Without heat it does have plenty of hot water. Naturally.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment