Friday, January 1, 2016

Tiebas

Camino Gazetteer
.

.....Camino 5-2009:January 30, 2009
.....Camino 6-2010:January 13-15, 2010





.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 30, 2009


Today I went off the Camino Frances and cut across country to Tiebas on the trail coming from the Somport pass. Both trails will join at Puente la Reina. It was an easy 16k ending in sunshine! How nice after a week of storms. As I was walking along the country road several times drivers stopped concerned that I was NOT on the main Camino!

There are two reasons that I came this way; in order to avoid the steep Alto de Perdon which I laboriously climbed twice before and this is the route for Eunate where I hope to be tomorrow. Here in Tiebas also at lunch in the one cafe were two French pilgrims who had crossed at Somport. We compared snowstorm stories.

January 13 - 15, 2010


From Wednesday through Friday I have been alone in the Tiebas municipal albergue. Located on the Aragonés Camino, this is a very simple hill-top town with a huge open pit (magnesium?) mine. There is no shop but the town bar sells basics, meals, and drinks as well serving as the "urban" hub.

Everyone was very kind. When I arrived on Wednesday shaking from exhaustion an elderly local on a bike walked me to the bar so I could "sign in" before collapsing. The bar lady quickly prepared a hot meal. The town engineer came to the albergue twice to check that the heat was working properly. It was. What a welcome change from glacial Trinidad de Arre!

Relatively revived after two full days of comfortable rest I will try to move on towards Eunate and Puente La Reina where the Camino Aragonés will join the Camino Frances.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment