Friday, January 1, 2016

A Rúa/O Pino

Camino Gazetteer
.
.....Camino 1-2004:November 15, 2004







.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 15, 2004


In glorious sunshine and through more eucalyptus I walked 18 k. The Camino wound up and down through many villages often crisscrossing the busy provincial highway and quite dangerous. At Salceda a memorial to a pilgrim, aged 69, who had died just one day’s walk from Santiago replicated his walking boots. How lucky I was to have made it! I ate and stayed in a pleasant small hotel in A Rúa. As late afternoon changed into the black of night, my last night on the Camino, I felt more and more nostalgic that my journey was ending.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment